Friday, September 7, 2012

How Do You Feel About Writing?


Writing has many different purposes in life. It is a hobby, a way to communicate and a form of self-expression. I personally love to write. Writing allows me to release my thoughts and creativity that are bound within my mind. It is difficult to begin, but easy once started. I use it to express my emotions, paint a picture using words or tell a story.
It is a personal hobby of mine, which serves as a therapy. Expressing my thoughts on paper allows me to release tension. The paper is a canvas for what I hold inside and I am able to write what I cannot say out loud. The best part is that there are no boundaries and no one to tell me what I write is wrong.
Writing is a means of communication. Words do not always have to be said or heard to have an impact. Piecing together letters creates words, which in the end makes a statement. These statements may be loud even if they are read silently. Though I love to write and enjoy the pleasure that it brings me, there are certain aspects I wish to improve upon.
Writing is a tool that can always be enhanced when effort is applied. I will be entering the work field soon and hope to perfect this tool prior to getting a job. When working full time it is necessary to be able to write appropriately. It is not only important to complete tasks at work, but to do so in a professional manner. This includes writing emails, press releases, articles and more in a proper fashion.
I want to prove to my future employers that I am the correct choice for the job no matter what it is. To succeed at this mission I wish to broaden my vocabulary and improve upon my grammar.  I have been told that I am a great writer and have always received good grades, but my confidence falls short.



No comments:

Post a Comment